samedi 25 juin 2011

List of special bash parameter used in Unix or Linux script

Meaning of bash parameter used in Unix script
Many of us use a bash script for doing housekeeping and other stuff but occasionally and not much aware of special bash parameters. When I was new to the bash shell and Linux and looking for some already written bash script I used to get baffled with special bash symbols like $@, $_, $1 etc. I did know that they are bash parameter and has special meaning but I don't have all meanings of special bash parameter on top of my head and I always go to Google and search endlessly for those special bash parameter, sometimes I got and found meaning of those special bash script parameters quickly but sometimes I need to spend some time to get what I am actually looking for, so I thought to document meanings and expansion of those special bash parameters or bash script parameters.

This bash script parameter tutorial is in continuation of my earlier UNIX tutorials find examples in UNIX, grep command examples in UNIX, and UNIX networking commands tutorial if you haven’t read already you may find them interesting and useful.
Read more »
Share:
Pays/territoire : North America

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire